We are the international development organisation of the Australian Jesuit Province - empowering our most vulnerable brothers and sisters across more than ten countries to live full and free lives.
In the name of Jesus and in the spirit of Ignatius, we are called to generous service of others.
We have a compassionate love for the poor - upholding the innate dignity and promoting the rights of God’s most vulnerable people from all faiths and cultures.
We partner with Jesuits and other companions overseas to empower women, men and children living on the frontiers. We provide programs to build their skills, capacity and resilience so that they may liberate themselves from poverty and injustice.
We invite Australian companions into communion with our global human family. Our shared faith and love of Jesus compels us into authentic relationships and the spirit of Ignatius guides us to be men and women for others.
Thanks to the generosity of Jesuit Mission supporters, a family in Myanmar now have a new permanent weather-proof home.
What sets us apart - Our way of proceeding
- We are a people with a deep personal love of Christ
- We are in solidarity with those most in need
- We are a contemplative in action
- We are in partnership with others
- We are called to learned ministry
- We are ever ready to seek the Magis (the greater good and excellence)
What your support means
Your support of Jesuit Mission will:
- Break cycles of poverty through teaching and education
- Protect the health of communities by providing medical care and programs that improve access to clean water and toilets
- Develop independent, strong communities through livelihood training and income-generating projects
- Provide vulnerable individuals with pastoral care, social inclusion and advocacy
- Support asylum seekers, refugees and displaced people in crisis
- Enable effective disaster response and relief