We are the international development organisation of the Australian Jesuit Province - empowering our most vulnerable brothers and sisters across more than ten countries to live full and free lives.
In the name of Jesus and in the spirit of Ignatius, we are called to the generous service of others.
We have a preferential love of the poor and uphold the innate dignity and promote the rights of God’s most vulnerable people from all faiths and cultures.
We partner with Jesuits and other companions overseas to empower women, men and children living on the frontiers to liberate themselves from poverty and injustice through participation in programs that build skills, capacity and resilience to live full and free lives.
We invite Australian companions into communion with our global human family. Our shared faith and love of Jesus compels us into authentic relationships and the spirit of Ignatius guides us to be men and women for others.
Thanks to the generosity of Jesuit Mission supporters, a family in Myanmar now have a new permanent weather-proof home.
What sets us apart - Our way of proceeding
- We are a people with a deep personal love of Christ
- We are in solidarity with those most in need
- We are a contemplative in action
- We are in partnership with others
- We are called to learned ministry
- We are ever ready to seek the Magis (the greater good and excellence)
What your support means
Your support of Jesuit Mission will:
- Break cycles of poverty through teaching and education
- Protect the health of communities by providing medical care and programs that improve access to clean water and toilets
- Develop independent, strong communities through livelihood training and income-generating projects
- Provide vulnerable individuals with pastoral care, social inclusion and advocacy
- Support asylum seekers, refugees and displaced people in crisis
- Enable effective disaster response and relief
Thank you for joining with us to empower our brothers and sisters in the margins.LEARN MORE
Children in this village in Timor-Leste now have access to quality nutrition and healthcare.