We are the international development organisation of the Australian Jesuit Province - empowering our most vulnerable brothers and sisters across more than ten countries to live full and free lives.
Inspired by the Gospel of Jesus Christ and in the spirit of St Ignatius of Loyola, we partner with international Jesuit networks to empower communities living on the margins to free themselves from poverty and injustice.
Faith & Compassion
We are inspired by a belief in a God of love who wills that all people have an equitable share in the world’s goods. And by the example of God’s Son, Jesus, who calls us to act with a preferential love for the poor, we show compassion, respect, and empathy to all whom we encounter.
Justice & Integrity
We strive to create a world where all people are equal. We work to challenge the unjust structures that perpetuate poverty. We seek peace and reconciliation for humanity and our common home. We are responsible stewards of the resources entrusted to us. We are accountable, transparent and demonstrate the impact of our work.
Solidarity & Empowerment
We stand beside those people living on the margins. We work collaboratively with our international Jesuit partners and their co-workers to empower change. Together, we are called to defend freedom, justice, and equity. We recognise the gifts and talents of every person and believe that all people with the right opportunities can realise their fullest potential.
Thanks to the generosity of Jesuit Mission supporters, a family in Myanmar now have a new permanent weather-proof home.
What sets us apart - Our way of proceeding
- We are a people with a deep personal love of Christ
- We are in solidarity with those most in need
- We are a contemplative in action
- We are in partnership with others
- We are called to learned ministry
- We are ever ready to seek the Magis (the greater good and excellence)
What your support means
Your support of Jesuit Mission will:
- Break cycles of poverty through teaching and education
- Protect the health of communities by providing medical care and programs that improve access to clean water and toilets
- Develop independent, strong communities through livelihood training and income-generating projects
- Provide vulnerable individuals with pastoral care, social inclusion and advocacy
- Support asylum seekers, refugees and displaced people in crisis
- Enable effective disaster response and relief
Thank you for joining with us to empower our brothers and sisters in the margins.LEARN MORE
Children in this village in Timor-Leste now have access to quality nutrition and healthcare.