Bring your administrative and organisational skills to help empower marginalised communities overseas. Join our small and friendly team in North Sydney.
- Part-time role with flexible hours and convenient North Sydney office
- Become a valued member of our small and friendly team
- Opportunity to join a growing international relief and development NFP
About Jesuit Mission
Established in 1951, Jesuit Mission is the international relief and development organisation of the Australian Jesuits. We work with local Jesuit partners across Asia and Africa who walk with and empower the most vulnerable communities to live full and free lives, through participation in community development and humanitarian relief programs such as education, health, water and sanitation, livelihoods and sustainable agriculture.
About the role
The Office Coordinator ensures efficient running of the Jesuit Mission Office and provides administrative support to the team. The role also provides specific assistance to the CEO and Board.
This is a varied and dynamic role, with the opportunity to become an integral member of our friendly and passionate team:
- Provide a welcoming telephone and office reception, and drive office management functions including mail, stationery and IT supplies, contact lists, team meetings and filing systems
- Provide administrative support to the CEO including diary management
- Assist with accounts payable and credit card reconciliations
- Provide support to Board and Board committees including meeting schedules, coordination of board papers, minutes and correspondence
- Coordinate office volunteer program including onboarding, scheduling and stewardship
- Update supporter records in Raisers Edge database
- Prepare detailed interstate and overseas travel arrangements including flights, accommodation, visas and transfers
- Assist with events and hospitality as required
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels whilst maintaining strict confidentiality
- Strong administrative skills across diary management, travel arrangements, meeting organisation and experience in preparing and formatting documents and presentations
- Proven ability to prioritise, work to deadlines and juggle tasks within a busy environment
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to high quality, timely and accurate output
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Exposure to accounting and telephone systems, and the ability to learn new systems
Jesuit Mission is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment.
Why join our team?
- We were awarded a ‘Best Workplace’ Award by the Voice Project in 2021
- A friendly, committed and passionate team, with an inclusive and supportive culture
- Flexible part-time - work 30 hours across 5 days, we are open to job share and flexible hours for the right candidate
- Convenient office location in North Sydney
- Access to NFP salary packaging
- You’ll be joining an organisation that has been empowering marginalised people overseas for 70 years, with incredible and lasting impact. Last year 132,000 people in 16 countries were directly supported through our programs.
How to apply for this role
To view the Position Description with Selection Criteria click here
To apply for the role of Office Coordinator, send your resume, a cover letter and written responses to the Essential and Desirable Criteria to Tony MacMahon at email@example.com by 22 August 2022 or phone us on 02 8918 4109 for more information.